For the last couple of years we have been working on a new forecast backend (FORTI) to replace the decade-old, PostgreSQL-based store (WDB). While Locationforecast/1.9 has been ...
Hope you are all doing ok in these difficult times. Here at MET Norway it's
business as usual. Most of us are working from home, but since the API team
already did this for half the week there's not m...
We hope you all have been good developers this year, in which case you can
look forward to some new improved products next month (for those who have
been bad we will also be taking some away).
We will shortly be making some changes to the existing versions of
Textforecast and Locationforecast.
The seahigh and seabank products will be replaced with a
new, auto-generated produc...
Making an API is a thankless task. Most users aren't aware they are using
it, and you rarely hear from the developers unless something isn't working.
While our weather site Yr is hugely popular, our A...
Due to increased workload by the new 5 min radar interval, we have had to
reduce the number of different images available. In short, generating GIF
animations from existing static GIF images continues...
We will shortly launching some new products, mainly of interest for
Norwegian users. As described earlier, some obsolete products will also be
We have started the process o...
Due to licensing issues, problems with authentication and abuse of the
service we have been forced to suspend delivery of
non-restricted geosatellite images to the general public. Currently
there are ...
On Monday May 14th, 2018 from 07:00 to 13:00 UTC we will be running at 50%
capacity due to replacement of the cooling system in one of our data
centers. All services are expected to continue running, ...
As most of you probably have noticed, we upgraded api.met.no about A
week ago to the new version. After some initial performance problems we
managed to tune the caches so it is now handling traffic we...
As previously mentioned on the mailing list, we will shortly be migrating
the api.met.no domain to version 3. This has already been done for some users
and should be relatively painless, provided you ...