As most of you probably have noticed, we upgraded api.met.no about A week ago to the new version. After some initial performance problems we managed to tune the caches so it is now handling traffic well.
Some users have reported problems accessing the API, mostly related to
not handling HTTPS and/or redirects. If you are getting "Failed to get
data from weather api. Reason: end tag name
</body> must match start tag
<hr> from line 5" this means you are trying to parse the HTML
message as XML instead of following the 301 redirect. We are also
working on recommendations for users using HTTPS via local proxies.
Finally, we have noticed there is a lot of production traffic against beta.api.met.no (which was only to be used for testing) as well as api.yr.no (which has been deprecated for years). We would like to inform you that these hostnames will be removed within a few months, so please update your applications accordingly.